Almond Biscotti RecipeCategory: Italian Biscotti Recipes
I love this recipe. These biscotti have been a big hit with my friends and family.
1. All purpose flour (2c)
2. almond extract (1/2tsp)
3. eggs (3large)
4. white sugar (3/4c)
5. baking powder (1tsp)
6. almonds (1c)
7. pure vanilla extract (1tsp)
8. dash salt
Method of preparation:-
1. First of all heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roast almonds for 5 to 10 minutes or until get lightly brown. Cool and chop these almonds and then keep them aside.
2. Take a baking sheet line it with parchment paper and reduce the heat of the oven to 300 degrees. Take a small bowl, beat the eggs and extract in it and keep it aside.
3. Take a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in it with hand beater or with electric mixer. Beat it for about 30 minutes until it gets blended and then add egg to the mixture. Mix it to form dough.
4. Now add almonds and then divide the dough in half. Roll the half of the dough on the floured surface into logs of rectangle shape. Place logs on baking sheet well apart.
5. Place the sheet in oven and bake it for about 35 to 40 minutes or until it gets firm. Take off the logs from oven and then place these logs on wire rack for cooling for 10 minutes.
6. Now cut these logs into ½ inch slices in diagonal shape on the cutting board with serrated knife. Place slices on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until get firm to touch.
7. Take off from oven. Cool and pack in the airtight container. You can put chocolate glaze on biscotti before serving.
Make about 40 biscotti.