Amaretti Biscotti RecipeCategory: Italian Biscotti Recipes
Biscotti that can be served on any occasion. Try some variations to add to the flavour.
Ingredients of the Recipe:
1. 1 egg white
2. 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
3. 1 teaspoon almond extract
4. 2 teaspoons lemon zest
5. 3 eggs
6. 1 cup white sugar
7. 1/2 cup softened butter
8. 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
9. 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
Method of preparation:
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the baking sheet. Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
2. Mix sugar and butter in a bowl until fluffy. Add eggs to this one by one and then add the lemon zest and almond extract. Stir well and add the flour and baking powder mixture.
3. After wards add the chopped almonds. Separate the dough into two portions. Shape these in form of a loaf 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
4. Place these onto cookie sheet at some distance from each other and flatten slightly by exerting pressure. Beat the white of an egg until foamy and brush it over the loaves. Let them get baked for 20 to 25 minutes.
5. When they turn light brown, take them out and cool for an hour. Heat up the oven to 325 degrees F. Cut the baked loaves sideways into slices 1/2 inch in width.
6. Place these on the baking sheet and again bake them for 10 minutes. Allow them to cool on a wire rack.