Chicken Scallop RecipeCategory: Italian Chicken Recipes
I made this recipe with chicken and it was really good.
1. Cooked chicken diced (3/4c)
2. dry breadcrumbs (4tbsp)
3. grated cheddar cheese (1/2c)
4. cream fraiche (3/4c)
5. sliced thinly or chopped mushrooms (4 1/2c)
6. rind removed and chopped back bacon (3)
7. vegetable oil (3tbsp plus extra for brushing)
8. short cut macaroni or short pasta shapes (6 oz)
9. finely chopped onion (1)
10. salt and pepper (to taste)
11. flat leaf parsley sprigs (to garnish)
12. scallop shells (4)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a large pan. Boil salted water in it and then cook pasta in this water. Add 1 tablespoon of oil in it and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta gets tender.
2. Drain the pasta and then again put it in the pan. Heat the oil in the pan and then fry onion in it. Now add chopped bacon and mushrooms and cook for about3 to 4 minutes by mixing.
3. Add pasta, cream fraiche, chicken and season according to taste with salt and pepper. Take 4 scallop shells and brush these shells with oil and then put chicken mixture with spoon on it and smooth it to make neat mounds.
4. Mix cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl and then sprinkle over the shells and press it into chicken mixture. Heat the grill over medium heat.
5. Now grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes until gets golden brown and bubbling. When the chicken gets ready, garnish it with sprigs of flat parsley and then serve it hot.
Number of servings 40